[Massplanners] Teacher and Municipal Employee Housing

Ryan, Christopher cryan at belmont-ma.gov
Thu Sep 21 10:44:37 EDT 2023

Hi all

A couple of months ago I was reading an article on something like CityLab about how California city school districts were looking for ways to develop housing for employees including teachers on school land or city land.

I shared this with some folks in another town and forgot about it until today....

Does anyone know of any cities or towns in Mass that are thinking similarly? For both school and town officials? Are there any explicit barriers or obstacles to doing this?

Thanks

Chris

Christopher J. Ryan, AICP
Town of Belmont