[Massplanners] Site Plan Review for private schools

Judi Barrett judi at barrettplanningllc.com
Wed Sep 13 12:37:01 EDT 2023

Harry,

It looks like your Zoning Bylaw calls for site plan review for any
educational use exempt under G.L. c. 40A, Sec. 3, so it seems to me that
the answer to your first question is yes. My experience is that the
definition of "municipal uses" is all over the place from town to town, and
your bylaw doesn't define it at all. But, common sense is that municipal
use is a property used for some type of municipal facility.

Hope this helps.

Judi Barrett
Barrett Planning Group LLC
350 Lincoln Street, Ste 2503