[Massplanners] Master Plan Update Cost

Corrin Meise-Munns cmeisemunns at longmeadow.org
Mon Oct 23 09:14:14 EDT 2023

Longmeadow received an MVP Action Grant to cover our master plan update
with a climate and equity lens in FY23. Our budget was $110,250 for the
base cost of updating the master plan (with climate science incorporated),
with an additional $45,305 for add-on tasks including a regulatory review
to support the master plan's guiding principles, goals, and strategies;
targeted engagement for our senior population & the development of an Age
Friendly addendum; and a Capital Improvement Planning process review for
consistency with climate mitigation and resilience goals. So ~ $155,555
total.

I developed this budget on my own as we were short on time in developing
our grant application, and after the award, we were told by multiple
planning consultants that the project was under-budgeted. We only had one
response to our RFR (who we are happy with!). Go higher than we did!

--
*Corrin Meise-Munns* *(she/her)*
Assistant Town Manager / Director of Planning & Community Development