[Massplanners] Small Cell approval petition- resident objections

Bill Fitzgerald wfitzgerald at avon-ma.gov
Wed Mar 29 13:22:00 EDT 2023

Hi

Not really looking for technical/legal references/citations, but the Board of Selectmen has Small Cell application on a residential street.  A neighbor is asking questions regarding potential impacts: health, environmental, property values; as well as if it can be denied or be told to locate somewhere else.

I’m guessing this has been dealt with in numerous communities, and that the FCC makes these very difficult to deny.  But correct me if I’m wrong.

If any of you have dealt with this and have staff reports or other FAQ’s, etc, including targeted to lay residents and board members, it would be great if you passed it along to our Board.

Thanks.

[cid:image001.png at 01D96241.70C33D60]
William A. Fitzgerald, Jr
DPW Director