[Massplanners] Housing & Equity - Community Planner Opening

Jennifer Goldson jennifer at jmgoldson.com
Tue Jul 25 17:43:45 EDT 2023

We are excited to announce that we have a new job posting! Please help spread the word if you know of someone who might be interested. Thanks!

Interested in joining a team of planners on a mission to empower communities to create equitable,
sustainable, and authentic places? Like a fast pace and variety of work? Like working with a super cool team? Looking to challenge yourself and grow in a supportive environment?

Join Jenn Goldson and her values-driven team at JM Goldson as Community Planner for Housing & Equity at JM Goldson. Our JM Goldson team has a renowned approach for facilitating interactive and inclusive public engagement and a strong track record promoting equitable land use policies in communities of many sizes and types, primarily in Massachusetts.

You would perform research and analysis, write housing plans, housing trust action plans, and housing elements of long-range plans, draft zoning amendments to promote housing production, present complex information to the general public, local boards and committees. You would also assist with project management, expanding this role as your skills grow. You would work closely and collaboratively with the JM Goldson team to generate equitable, creative, sustainable solutions for our client communities.

In this position, you would report to the founder and work two eight-hour days per week (Monday and Thursday) in our Roslindale office and the remaining days remotely from your home office. We will supply you with any equipment you need to perform your job.

The position is a full-time, benefited position with a salary range of $75,000 plus, four weeks paid time off plus 11 federal holidays, a quarterly bonus system based on key performance indicators, 100% single person health care coverage, and employer-matched 401K retirement savings plan. The position includes a flexible hybrid schedule to work remotely up to three days per week with two days in our Roslindale office (currently on Monday and Thursday, generally 10am-6pm). We provide for flex-time of 80 hours over a two-week pay period.

Ideal start date: Monday, August 28.

Minimum qualifications include a master’s degree in community or urban planning or a related field is required. Two to four years of planning experience is preferred. Demonstrated mastery of Excel, research, analysis, and writing. Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work effectively on a team, be self-directed and resourceful, and ability to work and present yourself professionally. The ability to attend evening meetings is required, and a valid driver’s license is preferred.

JM Goldson is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.

Our small, busy team values collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking. If you are looking for a
challenging position, like to work in teams, and want to be exposed quickly to lots of communities and planning issues, we hope you will submit your resume and cover letter to Jenn Goldson with the subject line: “Applying for Community Planner for Housing & Equity position.”

Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.

Jenn Goldson, AICP (she/her/hers)
Founder and Managing Director
JM GOLDSON
EMPOWERING PEOPLE . CREATING COMMUNITY.