[Massplanners] Large employer closing

Paul DiGiuseppe PDiGiuseppe at middleboroughma.gov
Wed Jul 5 14:33:58 EDT 2023

Hi All:

Do you have any best practices for a municipality to take when a large employer announces it is closing?  I would love to be able to help employees find work as well as promote the reuse of the building.  Any ideas?  I have some and would love to get your thoughts, especially if you know of real examples.

Thanks!

Paul

Paul DiGiuseppe, MPA, CNU-A
Director of Economic and Community Development
Town of Middleborough, MA
774-419-6369
https://www.middleborough.com/192/Economic-Community-Development

Please note:  All Town email addresses have changed to @MiddleboroughMA.GOV.  Please update your address books accordingly.

When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be kept confidential.