[Massplanners] Lot Regularity Bylaw Language

Amy Dain dainresearch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:41:48 EST 2023

Annie, In 2004 I did a big survey of lot shape requirements in zoning
bylaws and ordinances across eastern MA. My write up is in this report, on
pages 26-30:
http://www.masshousingregulations.com/pdf/land_use_regulation.pdf
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.masshousingregulations.com_pdf_land-5Fuse-5Fregulation.pdf&d=DwMFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=EaWBFhlgouCM-eqEWgXO8um7Dw-706JXLWQdmGem7AY&m=zckrMqN1KZaUv9uukNDONdQ1ktc0ShiuQ9EvT57wr3w&s=SZ4X6c2_CgRXvLNIRxM_kGadoI8194Yx3EZjDZ6bXf0&e=>

It is a bit dated now, of course, but the report includes a lot of detailed
information about the range of ways that municipalities were regulating lot
shape at the time.

Amy Dain

Dain Research

www.dainresearch.com
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.dainresearch.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=EaWBFhlgouCM-eqEWgXO8um7Dw-706JXLWQdmGem7AY&m=zckrMqN1KZaUv9uukNDONdQ1ktc0ShiuQ9EvT57wr3w&s=3ezPQ9WDqNopqb2uJRTx8yzV60wwMPg228H1lqKJJJ4&e=>