[Massplanners] [EXTERNAL] Zoom only meetings

Michael McCarthy Michael.McCarthy at newbedford-ma.gov
Fri Feb 3 14:07:04 EST 2023

Alvin,

Yes, but they have to provide "live 'adequate, alternative means' of public access to the deliberations of the public body."  Here is guidance from MMA for the current remote meeting provision: https://www.mma.org/remote-meeting-extension-for-local-boards-signed-into-law/ and from the AG's office: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/updated-guidance-on-holding-meetings-pursuant-to-the-act-extending-certain-covid-19-measures.

For example, our PB voted to move complete remote each time this Act was extended. BUT you should be aware that the most recent extension is expiring at the end of March. I have not heard about any coming extension, so we are preparing to return fully to in-person.

Mike McCarthy
Asst. City Planner
City of New Bedford