[Massplanners] Job Posting - Planning Associate, Long Range Planning (Newton, MA)

Zachery LeMel zlemel at newtonma.gov
Tue Dec 19 13:13:19 EST 2023

Hi everyone,

Writing because my team at the City of Newton, MA has an open position for a Planner Associate (see link here<https://jobs.keldair.com/cityofnewton/jobs/63509/planning-associate-citywide-planningafscme-only>). This is an entry-level position, great for a relatively recent graduate. One note is this position will be with the Long Range Planning team, not the current planning team.

We are fresh off successfully updating our zoning ordinance<https://www.newtonbeacon.org/city-council-passes-scaled-down-village-center-rezoning-plan/> to comply with the MBTA Communities Act by allowing small- to mid-size infill multi-family/mixed-use development. Now that the zoning is passed, there will be a good amount of follow-up related to implementation that this position will assist with.

What is great about the Long Range Planning team is that we mostly determine what we work on. The person filling this role will be able to help shape our work, ranging from larger scale master planning/rezoning, policy research, economic analysis, smaller zoning updates, urban design studies, etc.

Anyone interested please feel free to reach out to me with any questions. Happy holidays and new year!

Best,
Zack

ZACHERY LEMEL | CHIEF OF LONG RANGE PLANNING
Pronouns: he/him/his
City of Newton Planning & Development Department
1000 Commonwealth Ave | Newton, MA 02459
Desk: (617) 796-1127
zlemel at newtonma.gov<mailto:zlemel at newtonma.gov> | newtonma.gov/gov/planning<http://www.newtonma.gov/gov/planning/default.asp>

When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be kept confidential.