[Massplanners] keeping of chickens & roosters

Pendergast, Georgia gpendergast at danversma.gov
Mon Aug 21 13:07:54 EDT 2023

Here in Danvers, the keeping of non-household pets on a residential property is permitted by our Board of Health. The BOH regulations have standards which require that the animals are confined to the property for which the permit is issued, but open grazing across property lines is acceptable if the neighboring properties provide confirmation/approval in writing to the BOH.

BOH Regulations: https://www.danversma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/130/Regulations-of-the-Danvers-Board-of-Health-PDF

Hope this helps!
Georgia

Georgia Pendergast | Staff Planner| Planning + Economic Development Division |
Department of Land Use & Community Services | Town of Danvers | 1 Sylvan Street
(P): 978-777-0001 ext. 3027
Visit the Zoning Board of Appeals Webpage<https://www.danversma.gov/244/Zoning-Board-of-Appeals> or the Conservation Commission Webpage<https://www.danversma.gov/164/Conservation-Commission> for filing information.