[Massplanners] Agricultural Overlay District

Jeff Lacy ruralplanningassociates at crocker.com
Wed Aug 16 12:01:15 EDT 2023

Matthew:
I’d suggest looking at, instead of bituminous surfaces and piped drainage, oil and stone (aka, chip-seal) surfacing along with so-called “country drainage.” The oil and stone surface is impervious but rougher in texture than smooth pavement - a more rural look. Country drainage relies on direct runoff from roads to adjacent land or, if sloping, into roadside swales that carry water a short distance before discharging at opportune spots.
Jeff Lacy
Rural Planning Associates
(413) 230-9693

Sent from my iPhone