[Massplanners] Tufts UEP Field Projects 2024

Cousineau, Christine Christine.Cousineau at tufts.edu
Mon Aug 14 16:52:27 EDT 2023

Dear Tufts UEP partners,

We hope that you are having a great summer!

Each spring, first-year Master’s students in the Tufts Urban & Environmental Policy & Planning<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__as.tufts.edu_uep_&d=DwMF-g&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=EaWBFhlgouCM-eqEWgXO8um7Dw-706JXLWQdmGem7AY&m=CKZ4kGzgfoRJlAigeREF2Bv41wy3bE3KU-BTPZIAfFo2cDjnNrO7WhXiEf7r0qhB&s=_pDqYLY31ivvCiQSDBkPxlmGPQpi8DmKotcL1J12RTE&e=> (UEP) must complete the Field Projects course, where students work in teams of 4-6 on projects hosted by real-world partners. We invite you to propose a project idea for the Spring 2024 Field Projects course.

Field Projects integrates theory and practice by providing graduate students with the opportunity to work on real-world challenges with government, nonprofit, community, and private sector partners. Attached is a brief description of the Field Projects program and what to expect as a project host. We are looking to develop approximately 10-12 projects for next spring. Though Tufts expects to continue to be fully in-person this year, we ask hosts to propose projects that have some flexibility for remote work should it become necessary. Here are expectations and requirements for project hosts.

To submit a project idea, please email a brief (half-page to a page) description by Friday, September 15, 2023 to Kari Hewitt (kari.hewitt at tufs.edu<mailto:kari.hewitt at tufs.edu>) and Kate Davies (Kathryn.Davies at tufts.edu<mailto:Kathryn.Davies at tufts.edu>). After we review these project ideas, we will identify a select number of organizations with whom we will work more intensively to develop full project proposals by end of October. Even if you have submitted a proposal in the past that was not selected, or have been a project host in the past, please consider proposing again!

We look forward to reviewing your project ideas. To see what past UEP Field Projects teams have accomplished, take a look at recent projects, which are posted online at: https://as.tufts.edu/uep/community/field-projects<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__as.tufts.edu_uep_community_field-2Dprojects&d=DwMF-g&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=EaWBFhlgouCM-eqEWgXO8um7Dw-706JXLWQdmGem7AY&m=CKZ4kGzgfoRJlAigeREF2Bv41wy3bE3KU-BTPZIAfFo2cDjnNrO7WhXiEf7r0qhB&s=IFlGoSYusYCJsqbMi8wEVG7OSxKCE7CSOu7rLuPYgq8&e=>.

Please note that we ask project hosts to assist with the expenses that arise during the course of the project work -- $150-250 depending on the resources of the host organization.

We look forward to hearing from you! Please contact Kari Hewitt (kari.hewitt at tufts.edu<mailto:kari.hewitt at tufts.edu>) or Kate Davies (Kathryn.Davies at tufts.edu<mailto:Kathryn.Davies at tufts.edu>) if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Kari and Kate

Kari Hewitt, Lecturer

Dept of Urban & Enviro Policy & Planning

Tufts University

Cell: 617-874-6995

Pronouns: She, Her, Hers