[Massplanners] Updated Subsidized Housing Inventory (SHI) / Chapter 40B/ 2020 Census

DeMartino, Phillip (OCD) phillip.demartino at state.ma.us
Wed Aug 2 15:45:34 EDT 2023

The Subsidized Housing Inventory (SHI) is used to measure a community's stock of low-or moderate-income housing for the purposes of M.G.L. Chapter 40B, the Comprehensive Permit Law.  Chapter 40B, requires that the Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities (EOHLC- formerly DHCD) update a list of year-round housing units based on the most recent decennial Census for all 351 Massachusetts municipalities. The 2020 Census data that is used to determine year-round housing units for the SHI percentages is now publicly available .  This data set deducts seasonal/recreational housing units.  In addition, the EOHLC has completed a complete update on units that qualify for the SHI.  The direct link to the SHI is at https://www.mass.gov/doc/subsidized-housing-inventory-0/download , which can be found on the EOHLC webpage at https://www.mass.gov/service-details/subsidized-housing-inventory-shi.

Thank You.

Phillip DeMartino
phillip.demartino at mass.gov
Senior Technical Assistance Program Coordinator/ 40B
Community Assistance Unit (CAU)
Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities (EOHLC)
100 Cambridge Street, Boston MA 02114
617 573 1357

Please note:  I am working a hybrid schedule.  I do check voicemail regularly, however, email is preferred method of contact. Thank you for your patience.