[Massplanners] Federal Grant Assistance

Bill Fitzgerald wfitzgerald at avon-ma.gov
Sat Apr 29 15:21:42 EDT 2023

Maren

A Friday answer a day late.  As a person who's been doing grants for 20 years (closer to times 2, but who's counting):  be careful of the engineer, attorney, planner, any consultant who says "yeah, we do that".  ;)  But I'm sure you know how to screen people for track record, all that.

Seriously, there are also many federal agencies with many programs. Many consultants focus on one or two, it can be that specialized.

That being said, I'm getting new programs, especially federal, coming in my inbox every few weeks. So there may be few if any  consultants have experience with newer programs.

Agreed, there are programs that are evolving to have multiple objectives. Not just housing and jobs, but also climate, environmental justice, etc.  It's almost as if many of the great programs developed over the past 10 years here in Mass. have gone to the majors.  Good stuff. And good luck.

Bill Fitzgerald
Avon DPW Director