[Massplanners] Increasing Seating Options at the Town Common While Staying within Historical Guidelines

Cares, Benjamin bcares at ci.reading.ma.us
Thu Apr 13 11:46:49 EDT 2023

Hello All!

Have folks had experience or have current uses in increasing seating opportunities at their Town Commons or historical open spaces?
We're having some conversations with our historical commission about bringing more seating (adaptable and movable ideally, like Adirondack chairs) to our Town Common.

I committed to coming up with some precedent images and examples from around the state.
Do let me know if you have any photos, ideas, or lessons learned!

Best,

Ben Cares (he/him)
Economic Development Director
Town of Reading
16 Lowell Street
Reading, MA 01867
(C) (781) 528-7150
(O) (781) 942-6791
[Working at Town of Reading MA | Glassdoor]