[Massplanners] Master/Comprehensive Plan Committees

Kathy Sferra ksferra at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 10:03:18 EDT 2023

On behalf of our Charter Review Committee, I've been asked to inquire about
local Master/Comprehensive Plan Committee requirements in other
communities.  Specifically:

1) Is your Planning Board/Department charged with preparation of your
community's master/comprehensive plan?
2) Is there a separate committee appointed to oversee development of the
plan?  If so, who appoints them and how is the composition of the committee
determined?
3) Does your Town/City Charter (if you have one) have any specific master
plan provisions?

Thank you,

-Kathy
Stow Conservation Director (and Charter Review Committee member)

--
Kathy Sferra