[Massplanners] ZBA Training

ruralplanningassociates at crocker.com ruralplanningassociates at crocker.com
Thu Sep 29 10:11:15 EDT 2022

Hi, Alison:

I'm a planner by profession, but also on my town planning board and ZBA
(serving as liaison).  I've recently become ZBA chair with two other brand
new members. They are entirely green, so I've recommended CPTC courses to
them.  I've also shared a few documents I had previously created (attached),
and shared some of our past ZBA decisions. However, nothing is as effective
as just doing the job for a while.

Best regards,

Jeff Lacy

Rural Planning Associates

(413) 230-9693

From: MassPlanners <massplanners-bounces at masscptc.org> On Behalf Of Alison
Manugian via MassPlanners
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 2:51 PM
To: 'massplanners at masscptc.org' <massplanners at masscptc.org>
Subject: [Massplanners] ZBA Training

Wondering if you have any recommendations for an overview training for ZBA
roles and responsibilities.  We have some new members and older ones could
use a refresh.  Looking for Special Permits, Variances and very high level
40B.

I reached out to CTPC, but didn't get an answer as of yet.

Thank you,

Alison

Alison Manugian

Community Development Director