[Massplanners] Master Plan policy DEI

Bill Fitzgerald wfitzgerald at avon-ma.gov
Mon Sep 12 13:18:05 EDT 2022

Hi

We are scoping out a master plan update.  I’m struggling a bit with a scope item to help participants understand the DEI implications of land use planning and regulation recommendations made through the process.

We have a scope item for type of DEI training of volunteers and staff, such as per the excellent MA municipal DEI coalition guide.

Also, the latest MVP 2.0 work has some great info on enhanced outreach to underrepresented and vulnerable population we intend to incorporate.

But I could use a sample scope to help participants understand planning process and recommendations incorporating these principles.   I had wanted to attend the Consulting Planner’s workshop last March/April, especially the second session, but I couldn’t make it work.

Any concise, concrete suggestions/examples for a scope item to get us going would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill Fitzgerald
DPW Director (reformed planner ; )  )
65 East Main Street