[Massplanners] Question on Mixed-Use Overlays

Steven Sadwick ssadwick at tewksbury-ma.gov
Wed Sep 7 15:32:29 EDT 2022

I agree with Dan. Sometimes, overlays create 2nd options and do not address the core changes that you seek. In Tewksbury, we just reduced our number of overlays from 13 to 5. They became very confusing to applicants, board members and the general public. Our new Town Center District does allow for mixed uses without the use of an overlay.

Steve Sadwick, FAICP
Assistant Town Manager
Town of Tewksbury