[Massplanners] ANR v. Subdivision Modification

Darlene Wynne dwynne at beverlyma.gov
Thu Sep 1 16:51:23 EDT 2022

Good Afternoon,

I understand that an applicant is entitled to an ANR if sufficient frontage
exists on a way shown on a plan approved and endorsed by the Planning
Board. What if the lots in question are part of a Definitive Subdivision
Plan that is currently under construction and not yet completed/closed out?
Could the Board deny ANR endorsement and require modification to the
Subdivision Plan?

I am also discussing this with our legal counsel, whose answer I will take,
but I wanted to see if we are missing anything.

For context, the ANR is moving area from a buildable lot to a non-buildable
lot (which has much less than the required frontage). The lot line point at
the new street edge is not changing (picture a triangle shaped parcel). We
know the applicant will next come to the Board requesting a Waiver of
Frontage / Definitive Subdivision Plan in order to make the unbuildable lot
buildable.

Thank you,

Darlene Wynne, AICP

*City of Beverly*

*Director of Planning & Community Development*

*978-605-2341*

*dwynne at beverlyma.gov <dwynne at beverlyma.gov>*

*--*

*When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State
has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be
kept confidential. *