[Massplanners] Appointing authorities

Daniel Fortier daniel.j.fortier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 21:53:04 EDT 2022

There are a variety of communities that have a Planner employed by the
Planning Board.  Often these are Towns that have separate budgets for the
Board voted at Town Meeting.  In some of these communities there might even
be an Economic Development Office that is employed by the Town
Administrator or Select Board.  I have dealt with a few of these over the
years, some could be described as two-headed beasts with the elected
Planning Board having very different priorities from other elected boards.

It is probably better to have one office, but that is not always possible.

Dan Fortier
Retired
Interim Dennis Town Planner