[Massplanners] One lot subdivision?

Gary Ayrassian cityplanner at cityofattleboro.us
Tue May 3 15:25:25 EDT 2022

Hi Paige,

Sorry about this but the attorney is correct – MGL 41 calls for two lots to constitute a definitive subdivision plan. While I agree that the roadway would constitute a lot,  it isn’t counted as the second “lot” one reason being that it would ultimately be accepted as a public way by the community at the end of the process and no longer constitute a lot.

The question of “Laying out a subdivision roadway layout and then waiving construction.  To serve one buildable lot. ” – yes, you may. We’ve done it a couple of times in Attleboro but not because of the size of the proposed definitive subdivision plan but rather because of the very unique and peculiar circumstances of the existing conditions situation.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Gary G. Ayrassian, Director

Department of Planning & Development

City of Attleboro | City Hall - Government Center |

77 Park Street | Attleboro, MA  02703 |

p: 508.223.2222 x 3143 | f: 508.222.3046 |

 <mailto:cityplanner at cityofattleboro.us> cityplanner at cityofattleboro.us |

 <http://www.cityofattleboro.us/> www.cityofattleboro.us |