[Massplanners] A Thoughtful View of Proposed MBTA Zoning

Carolyn Britt cbritt at communityinvestment.net
Tue Mar 29 13:28:11 EDT 2022

All,

I want to draw your attention to a thoughtful view of the potential
impact of the provisions of the MBTA zoning, particularly on already
dense communities on the MBTA system that have been making efforts at
transit-oriented development. The article appears in the recent
Commonwealth. The author, Charlotte Kahn, particularly questions ongoing
large scale investment in MBTA communities given the recent assessment
by the MBTA of the climate vulnerability of the system. She makes good
points about looking at development around the state, particularly in
less vulnerable areas, given other proposed investments in public
transit elsewhere.

Have the proponents of these regulations had enough feedback to provide
appropriate modifications? If you have issues, you need to weigh in by
Thursday.

I hope you find it as thought-provoking as I do.

https://commonwealthmagazine.org/opinion/on-second-thought-t-zoning-proposal-needs-a-redo/

Carolyn

Carolyn Britt, AICP

Community Investment Associates