[Massplanners] Planner Burnout

Richard McCarthy rmccarthy at norfolk.ma.us
Mon Mar 28 10:14:49 EDT 2022

Mariah,

I know you posted this a while ago but I thought I could share some
thoughts with you since I’m closer to retiring than the beginning of my
career. The planning in the boom of social media is a challenge on some
many levels.  As a planner you are about change which can be very scary for
people.  You can’t control how someone thinks or acts.  I believe if
remember you can’t control how someone thinks or acts putting in your best
might not be enough but you need to do the planning work for positive
change.

Best,

Richard J. McCarthy, Jr.

Town Planner

1 Liberty Lane

Norfolk, MA 02056

508-440-2807

Office Hours- Monday through Thursday 9am to 6pm

Closed Fridays

*As a reminder, please do not reply all to this email. If you have any
questions or comments, email me directly. *

*Please be advised that the Secretary of State has determined that e-mail
sent by or received by municipal employees is a public record.*