[Massplanners] BPDA hiring planners

Jennifer Kaplan jennemiko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:55:57 EDT 2022

Hi MassPlanners -

*The BPDA is currently hiring within the Downtown & Neighborhood Planning
team at all levels*. It is an exciting time to join the BPDA with the
recent election of Mayor Wu and the imminent hiring of the first Chief of
Planning under her administration. Planning is at the center of Mayor Wu's
vision for Boston, and we need to grow our team with additional talented
and knowledgeable planners. This is a unique moment in the history of our
City and perhaps one of the best opportunities to make a lasting impact on
our community.

D&NP Planners work at the neighborhood level with Boston's communities to
create long-term plans that guide the future of Boston's unique
neighborhoods and districts. The expected job responsibilities,
qualifications, and compensation information are available here
<https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=b2f416fc-1af6-4bec-ac17-81ed433162eb&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US>.
These positions are appropriate for candidates holding a Master in Urban
Planning or a closely related field plus the experience levels listed
below. We will also consider applicants with a Bachelor in Urban Studies or
a closely related field plus an additional 2+ work experience on top of
what is outlined below.

   - *Planner I* - Recent graduates
   - *Planner II* - Candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience
   - *Senior Planner I* - Candidates with a minimum of 5 years of
   experience *(forthcoming late-March post)*
   - *Senior Planner II* - Candidates with a minimum of 8 years of
   experience

In addition, BPDA's Zoning & Regulatory Planning team, Transportation &
Infrastructure Planning team, and Resilence & Waterfront Planning team also
have positions posted
<https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=b2f416fc-1af6-4bec-ac17-81ed433162eb&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US>.

Thanks,
Jenn Emiko Kaplan, AICP