[Massplanners] [External] Legal Advertisements for Planning Board and ZBA Hearings

Dan Fortier dfortier at town.dennis.ma.us
Wed Mar 23 11:32:42 EDT 2022

Definitely a problem. Gannett shutdown the local paper and put it totally on line. That was fine as we moved to the Cape Cod Times, some adjustments were needed, but we got things set up to ensure that the applicants were told what the cost was, and who to contact at the Times. Well, they closed that persons position out to consolidate Legal Advertising elsewhere. We have contact information when they send us the proof, and the cost of the ad. We send that to the applicant with instructions to call and ensure it is paid. Hurdle now is, we need to watch to be sure they have paid and the ad is properly run.

I am all for being able to place these on-line if readily accessible locations (not paywall news sites).  Not sure why you pay for an ad, then have that hidden behind a paywall???

Daniel J. Fortier, AICP
Town Planner
Dennis Planning Department
685 Route 134