[Massplanners] Legal Advertisements for Planning Board and ZBA Hearings

Gary Ayrassian cityplanner at cityofattleboro.us
Wed Mar 23 11:21:09 EDT 2022

Hi Kristina,

Fortunately, we haven't had any issues here in Attleboro (and we
administer/staff both the PB and ZBA as well as the ConCom). Technically
this is not a problem for the City but rather for the applicant -- every now
and then the local newspaper will contact the Planning Department prior to
the public hearing to inform us that an applicant hasn't paid the
advertisement fee - in these instances, we simply don't hold the public
hearing (the process is articulated in the PB's regulations, ConCom's
wetlands and stormwater regulations, as well as in the Local Wetlands
Protection Ordinance, Stormwater Management Ordinance, and Zoning Ordinance
- advertisement no pay, no public hearing).

Regards,

Gary

Gary G. Ayrassian, Director

Department of Planning & Development

City of Attleboro | City Hall - Government Center |

77 Park Street | Attleboro, MA  02703 |

p: 508.223.2222 x 3143 | f: 508.222.3046 |

 <mailto:cityplanner at cityofattleboro.us> cityplanner at cityofattleboro.us |

 <http://www.cityofattleboro.us/> www.cityofattleboro.us |