[Massplanners] Multifamily Zoning Requirements for MBTA Communities webinar

Katrina O'leary katrina.oleary at middletonma.gov
Fri Mar 18 12:56:17 EDT 2022

Hi Carolyn,

I know that the Middleton Selectmen will be reviewing draft comments at their meeting next Tuesday night regarding the MBTA Communities Required Multi-family Zoning.  The draft letter can be found on pages 11-13 of their posted meeting packets: https://middletonma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/3237/SB-Meeting-Packet-3222022?

I did not provide the input for this letter, but I know that several of the surrounding small towns will be submitting similar letters.  This is a case where I think the discussion of how this law will affect small towns should involve the select board and/or the town administrator/managers, with input from their planners.

I have attended several of the wonderful Zoom informational meetings held for this new zoning.  However, if I'm not given the green light by those that appoint me to work on taking the steps for Middleton to conform to these new requirements, my actions are limited.?

Katrina O'Leary, AICP
Middleton Town Planner
195 North Main Street    Middleton, MA   01949