[Massplanners] Definition of Neighbor in marijuana by laws

Alvin Blake alvinblake at aol.com
Thu Mar 10 15:28:27 EST 2022

Hello - the Becket Planning Board is grappling with the definition of the term neighborhood as it pertains to our Marijuana by law clause in section below.
If anyone has any insight we would appreciate it.

Al Blake

9.3.2 Criteria. Special Permits shall be granted by the Special Permit Granting Authority, unless otherwise specified herein, only upon its written determination that the adverse effects of the proposed use will not outweigh its beneficial impacts to the town or the neighborhood, in view of the particular characteristics of the site and of the proposal in relation to that site. In addition to any specific factors that may be set forth in this Zoning By-Law, the determination shall include consideration of each of the following:

1. Social, economic, or community needs which are served by the proposal;
2. Traffic flow and safety, including parking and loading;
3. Adequacy of utilities and other public services;
4. Neighborhood character and social structures;
5. Impacts on the natural environment; and
6. Potential fiscal impact, including impact on town services, tax base, and

Sent from my iPhone