[Massplanners] Do you require a bond for projects other than subdivisions?

Gil Hilario ghilario at nattleboro.com
Wed Mar 9 12:06:32 EST 2022

To Mass. Planners,

In the Town of North Attleboro, we require a bond for many commercial projects. For example a new bank branch, a new storage facility, etc. In the past, the bonds have been pulled although rarely for example if a developer did not install drainage correctly or to finish landscaping that never got complete. I am just wondering how common this is for cities/towns? We've received some feedback from developers trying to argue it is not needed. I am just wondering do many cities/towns require a bond for projects other than a subdivision? What's your bond process like?

Thanks!

Gil Hilario, CFM

Town Planner

Town of North Attleboro