[Massplanners] [EXTERNAL]Re: Planner Burnout

Mariah Kurtz mariah.kurtz at erving-ma.gov
Tue Mar 8 10:14:11 EST 2022

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for the supportive response. I especially love #1. I think those of us who are inclined to enjoy challenges also have a hard time saying no to things, but it's as important as saying yes to things. I'm trying to practice that more. "I can't help you with this now, but so and so can" or "I can't help you with this immediately but I can next month" or just "No this isn't something I can help you with". It's really hard, especially if it's something I want to do, but I'm realizing that I can't do anything at all if I burn out.

And congratulations on your career switch into government. It's weird, hard work that's definitely hard for the public to wrap their head around at times.

Mariah Kurtz (she/her)

Assistant Town Planner

Town of Erving

12 East Main Street

Erving, Massachusetts 01344

Phone: (413) 422-2800 ext. 1108 |  Online: www.Erving-Ma.gov<http://www.erving-ma.gov/>  | Facebook: Town of Erving<https://www.facebook.com/townoferving>

When writing or responding, please remember that the Secretary of State has determined that email is a public record, is subject to the Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66, § 10, and covered by Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521. This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you have received the communication in error, you are strictly prohibited from printing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using this communication.