[Massplanners] Direction on Solar PILOT

Thomas Bott tbott.townplanner at verizon.net
Tue Mar 1 13:23:19 EST 2022

Dear Planners:I have been asked to assist and am looking for some direction on negotiating a PILOT agreement for Solar. In this particular case its for a 4.98 MW (AC)/7.5 MW (DC) installation between some cranberry bogs. I understand that these negotiations typically involved the Assessor and the Select Board but have also maintained over the years that because we (planners) don't run into burning building or plow snow not everybody knows what a Town Planner does but we are widely regarded as team players. Though there is a lot in flux in place I am acutely aware that they may actually be paying some taxes but in lieu of a more widely accepted phrase we will stick with PILOT.
Carver home to some dozen projects, all overseen by people who aren't here anymore. Adding to the environment for negotiating there are current three solar moratoria and one battery storage moratorium on the Warrant for Carver's Annual Town Meeting which begins in 45 days.Thanks for whatever light you may be able to shine on my request.TBott
Thomas Bott  Interim Carver Town Planner
You too could follow me on Twitter @TBottPlimoth but it clearly isn’t necessary