[Massplanners] Construction Completion Bonding

Bill Nemser bnemser at TownofMaynard.net
Tue Jun 28 18:00:48 EDT 2022

Hello planners,

I'm wondering if any of you have worked on a project where you required a construction bond where the bond was tied to the completion of the actual project.  Typically, when I have required bonding for project,  it's for infrastructure improvements etc.   In this case, local leadership is concerned by concessions requested of the town by the developer and wants to ensure the project is constructed as presented.

If you've utilized something like this could you please let me know some of the details? Off hand I would be interested in

  1.  What is a general description of the project?
  2.  What was the bond amount?
  3.  What was the factor that made you request a construction completion bond?

Any other info would be welcome.

Thank you!

Bill

Bill Nemser, AICP, LEED AP
Planning Director
Office of Municipal Services
Town of Maynard
195 Main Street<x-apple-data-detectors://0/0>
Maynard, Ma. 01754<x-apple-data-detectors://0/0>
(978) 897-1302<tel:(978)%20897-1302>