[Massplanners] Master Plan RFP

Barbara Carboni bcarboni at truro-ma.gov
Wed Jul 20 18:32:02 EDT 2022

Richard, I am interested to hear that you received no responses.  Truro issued an RFP for what I thought would be a very attractive project: master planning for 70 acres of Town-owned land.  We received 22 requests for the RFP, but just two proposals.  I have heard anecdotally that firms are stretched thin (staffing/capacity issues), but still, I was surprised.

A year ago, Truro separated its Local Comprehensive Plan consulting services into two phases, but in the same RFP.   It was structured as two phases because we did not know if we would have funding for the second phase. I can explain more if helpful.

Barbara Carboni
Truro Town Planner and Land Use Counsel
(508) 214 0928