[Massplanners] [**EXT**] Security Plans for Marijuana Establishments

Eric Salerno esalerno at tyngsboroughma.gov
Fri Jan 7 10:51:41 EST 2022

Hi Barbara,
Tyngsborough has gone through the Special Permit process twice for
Marijuana Retailers, and I think it's reasonable for the Planning Board to
receive details related to the general physical characteristics of the
building / site. We worked with applicants to coordinate meetings / reviews
with public safety of their security plans which included information that
should be kept out of public view. Just ask the applicant what information
they consider non-public and provide the Planning Board a letter from
public safety stating their satisfaction with the plan's contents. I don't
think there's a reason for the Board to review specific components of the
safety plan, since the characteristics you mentioned should be depicted on
their site plans or architecturals anyway. Our Planning Board was
appreciative about being offered the chance to visit the building at
various stages of construction which enabled them to see much more detail
about the security systems in person without entering those details into
the public record.
-Eric

Eric Salerno
Town Planner/Dir. Eco. Dev't.
Town Hall, 25 Bryant Ln.
Tyngsborough, MA 01879
Direct: 978-743-5361
Please Note New Town Hall Hours (trial through January 31, 2022)

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

8:30 AM

8:30 AM

8:30 AM

8:30 AM

Closed

4:30 PM

4:30 PM

*7:00 PM*

4:00 PM

*If you have received this message in error, please contact by return email
or via phone at (978) 649-2300, and delete the copy you received. Thank
you.*

*In Massachusetts, the term "public record" is broadly defined to include
all documentary materials or data created or received by any officer or
employee of any governmental unit, regardless of physical form or
characteristics, unless it falls under one of the statutory exemptions to
the Public Records Law. G.L.c. 4, 7(26). Consequently, email is subject to
the disclosure, retention, and maintenance provisions as required by law.
G.L.c. 66*