[Massplanners] Zoning for cannabis cultivation

Eric Rumsey erumsey at southbridgemass.org
Wed Feb 9 12:29:35 EST 2022

This is what we say about cultivation, we do not have a minimum acreage (all our cultivation applications have been for indoor facilities):

2.            No AUME cultivation/manufacturing/laboratory facility is to be located within:
a.            One hundred feet (100’) of any abutting, occupied residence in a residential zoning district, as measured in a straight line from existing structure to proposed development.
b.            Two hundred fifty feet (250’) of any non-conforming residential structures in non-residential districts, as measured in a straight line from existing structure to proposed development.
3.            No AUME retail establishment is to be located within two hundred fifty feet (250’) of any Residential Zoning District, residential structure, or any non-conforming residential structures in non-residential districts.  Distance shall be measured in a straight line from residential zone boundary line or from existing structure to proposed development.  Additionally, no AUME retail establishment shall be located within two hundred fifty feet (250’) of any other AUME retail establishment.  Distance shall be measured in a straight line from the building and/or area actively used to the building and/or area actively used for any other AUME retail establishment.

The PB also reserves the right to waive the distance requirement.

Eric Rumsey
Town Planner & Conservation Agent
Economic Development and Planning Department
Town of Southbridge
41 Elm Street | Southbridge, MA 01550
p: 508.764.5402