[Massplanners] Putting House on "Not a Building Lot" Parcel

Richard Harris rhplanner01075 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 08:33:30 EST 2022

Since ANR Endorsement is not a finding as to compliance with zoning, the
"Not a Building Lot" notation is advisory to potential buyers that they
need to investigate. There are several options for addressing the issue
that the note gives notice about:

1)The owner could have sought a variance which, if granted, would have made
it buildable
2) If the Zoning Bylaw were revised to reduce the frontage, it would be
buildable.
3) If the Building Commissioner determined it met the frontage requirement,
they could issue a building permit,

I don't see a need for any further action on the ANR Plan for the purposes
of obtaining a building permit. HOWEVER, the owner should submit a new ANR
Plan without the note so that prospective buyers don't have an issue with
their Title Attorneys and lenders.

Dan is correct though, if the hammerhead was an option, the note should not
have been put on the plan.

Thank you

Richard Harris, AICP
PDR, LLC