[Massplanners] Community Preservation Committee questions - composition and purview over affordable housing projects

Tozer, Jeanette TozerJ at worcesterma.gov
Wed Dec 21 11:36:03 EST 2022

Hello Planners,

I'm on a fact-finding mission regarding Community Preservation Committees (CPCs) - particularly the composition of CPCs beyond statutory requirements and CPC purview over affordable housing projects. If your community has established a CPC, I'd appreciate your insights regarding the following questions (and I hope to return the favor someday!):

  1.  How did you go about selecting/designating required members, particularly from the Planning Board? Were they "volun-told" that they had to serve on the CPC, or...?
  2.  Do you have district representation requirements for the CPC - especially if you're a Gateway City?
  3.  Does your community have an Affordable Housing Trust Fund, and if so, what sort of purview does the CPC have over approving housing projects?

Thank you for any input you're willing and able to provide.

Cheers,
Jeanette

Jeanette R. Tozer, AICP (she, her)
Affordable Housing Trust Fund Manager
Executive Office of Economic Development
City of Worcester | 455 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01608
P: 508-799-1400 x31438
E: tozerj at worcesterma.gov<mailto:tozerj at worcesterma.gov>
Worcester Affordable Housing Trust Fund<http://www.worcesterma.gov/housing-neighborhood-development/affordable-housing-trust-fund>