[Massplanners] digitization/destruction of records

Barbara Carboni bcarboni at truro-ma.gov
Mon Aug 29 11:17:37 EDT 2022

All,

I have learned I cannot gleefully dispose of file contents just yet.  It looks like there is an approval process with Secretary of State office.  This is from a FAQ on the Sec. of State's website.

My records have reached the full retention period. What do I do now?
Once records have reached their full retention period, you can apply for permission to destroy these records. If you are working with Municipal Records, complete this form<https://www.sec.state.ma.us/arc/arcpdf/RMU/rmu2.pdf> and submit it to the Supervisor of Public Records at rmu at sec.state.ma.us<mailto:rmu at sec.state.ma.us>.

Link to FAQ: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/arc/arcrrs/general-questions.htm

Barbara

Barbara Carboni
Truro Town Planner and Land Use Counsel
(508) 214 0928

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate that to the sender and delete the copy you received. When writing or responding, please remember that the Secretary of State's Office has determined that email is a public record. Please take notice: All e-mail communications sent or received by persons using the Town of Truro network may be subject to disclosure under the Massachusetts Public Records Law (M.G.L. Chapter 66, Section 10) and the Federal Freedom of Information Act