[Massplanners] Solicitation of project ideas by 9/9 for Tufts UEP Field Projects 2023

Cousineau, Christine Christine.Cousineau at tufts.edu
Tue Aug 23 16:16:58 EDT 2022

Dear MassPlanners,

We invite you to propose a project idea for Spring 2023 UEP Field Projects. Email a brief description to Kari Hewitt at Kari.Hewitt at tufts.edu<mailto:Kari.Hewitt at tufts.edu>.  by Friday, September 9, 2022.

Each spring, first-year master's students in the Tufts Urban & Environmental Policy & Planning<http://as.tufts.edu/uep/> (UEP) must complete the Field Projects course, where students work in teams of 4-6 on projects hosted by real-world partners.

Field Projects integrate theory and practice by providing graduate students with the opportunity to work on real-world challenges with government, nonprofit, community, and private sector partners. Attached is a brief description of the Field Projects program and what to expect as a project host. We are looking to develop approximately 12 projects for next spring. Though Tufts expects to be fully in-person this year, we ask hosts to propose projects that have some flexibility for remote work should public health conditions be an issue in the spring.

To submit a project idea, please email a brief (half-page to a page) description by Friday, September 9, 2022 to Kari Hewitt (kari.hewitt at tufs.edu<mailto:kari.hewitt at tufs.edu>). After we review these project ideas, we will select 12-15 organizations with whom we will work more intensively to develop full project proposals by the end of October. Even if you have submitted a proposal in the past that was not selected, or have been a project host in the past, please consider proposing again!

We look forward to reviewing your project ideas. To see what past UEP Field Projects teams have accomplished, take a look at recent projects, which are posted online at: https://as.tufts.edu/uep/community/field-projects.

Please note that we ask project hosts to

  *   attend a Kick-off event in November to pitch your project,
  *   attend final presentations in early May, and
  *   assist with reimbursables (such as travel and the printing of full-color reports) by contributing $100 - $200 depending on your resources.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please contact Kari Hewitt (kari.hewitt at tufts.edu<mailto:kari.hewitt at tufts.edu>) if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Kari Hewitt

Kari Hewitt, Lecturer
Dept of Urban & Enviro Policy & Planning
Tufts University
Cell: 617-874-6995

Pronouns: She, Her, Hers

Tufts University’s Medford Campus is located on colonized Wôpanâak (Wampanoag) and Massachusett traditional territory.

Connect to UEP:
Practical Visionaries blog<http://www.practical-visionaries.org/> * Off the Wall e-letter<http://as.tufts.edu/uep/news/newsletter> * Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/tuftsuep/> * Twitter<https://twitter.com/TuftsUEP> * LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/27059112/>