[Massplanners] CDBG or other Workforce Program in Municipal Facilities

Chris Hayes chris.g.hayes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:33:20 EDT 2022

Dear all,

This is Chris Hayes, Northern Middlesex Council of Governments, although
this question is actually on behalf of a volunteer community group and not
associated with NMCOG or any of its member communities:

Does anyone know of towns or cities in Massachusetts which have utilized a
workforce program (funded by CDBG or otherwise) for simple jobs such as a
greeter?

A community group I'm working with wishes to propose opening a
currently-closed restroom in a public garage to visitors and community
members. They want to replicate a local program that uses workforce
development money to employ a person in recovery to monitor a restroom near
a soup kitchen, basically watching over it to make sure it isn't abused,
call emergency services if it is, and do very light maintenance as needed.
The same type of program would be used for the garage restroom. We're
looking for similar cases.

Thank you so much! Anything could be helpful.
-Chris

--
Christopher Glenn Hayes
Land Use and Transportation Planner