[Massplanners] Peer Reviewers for Hazardous and Toxic Materials Zoning Bylaw

Ethan Parsons ethanp at ipswichma.gov
Mon Apr 11 16:11:37 EDT 2022

All,

Have any of your communities hired peer review consultant(s) for reviewing projects that fall under a hazardous or toxic materials section in your zoning bylaw? If so would you please share the names with me. While our Fire Chief has written to the Planning Board that he has no concerns about a special permit application the Planning Board is reviewing, the Board has required a peer reviewer to provide input. What makes the case a bit different, for Ipswich at least, is that the applicant is the Town's sole biotech company and there is some heightened interest among Planning Board members and the neighbors about the particular hazardous and toxic materials that are associated with the business. Our Fire Chief is seeking some leads but I wanted to consult the planning network.

Thank you,

Ethan Parsons, AICP
Director of Planning and Development
Town of Ipswich, MA