[Massplanners] Access to Parcel in Abutting Community

Michael Mena communitymattersma at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 08:47:28 EDT 2021

Good day.
>From my experience working for local governments, unless there are
restrictions on the road in Tewksbury regarding the size/weight of vehicles
or trucks, there is not much else that can be done.  The property is
located wholly in the abutting town, zoned for industrial uses, the road
(access) pre-existed and if the use was allowed "by-right" there was (is)
no opportunity for Tewskbury or its abutting residence to comment on the
proposal.

Mike Mena
Community Matters Consultants, LP
www.communitymattersma.com
communitymattersma at gmail.com
530-518-0449

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 7:59 AM Steve Sadwick via MassPlanners <
massplanners at masscptc.org> wrote:

> Good morning,
>

> The question has come up in Tewksbury regarding a parcel of land in an
> abutting Town that can only be accessed through Tewksbury’s roads. The
> Tewksbury neighborhood is zoned single family residential, while the
> abutting community’s zoning is industrial. The road was laid out a county
> road, although it has dead-ended at this property due to an interstate.
> Recently, a contractors yard was permitted by right in the abutting
> community and the Tewksbury residential neighborhood has raised concerns.
>

> In order to provide answers to the residents and the powers that be, is
> there any case law or experience that other Towns can share regarding
> circumstances such as the one presented above.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Steve Sadwick, FAICP
>
> Assistant Town Manager
>
> Town of Tewksbury