[Massplanners] Town of North Attleboro Request for Proposals: Consultant Services for the Development of a Mixed-use Overlay District

Gil Hilario ghilario at nattleboro.com
Fri Oct 22 15:27:11 EDT 2021

Town of North Attleboro Request for Proposals: Consultant Services for the Development of a Mixed-use Overlay District

Dear MassPlanners,

North Attleboro is going through an exciting time where we are launching a few planning initiatives to coincide with the Town's new 2022 Master Plan. We are issuing three Requests for Proposals to hire a consultant (s) to develop a mixed-use overlay district & bylaw, create design guidelines, and to complete a land inventory for strategic planning services. These are three separate projects although a consultant can submit a proposal for more than one in a single bid if capable and will result in cost savings. North Attleboro has a vibrant downtown with unique businesses and services on a one-mile strip. In addition to some neat stores and restaurants, the downtown hosts a weekly farmers' market, block parties, holiday strolls, and a brewery is coming. North Attleboro also has two active commercial corridors on Route 1 and Old Post Road. We are looking for a consultant that can work with the Town to create a mixed-use overlay district primarily for these areas and perhaps be a tiered approach.

The goal of the mixed-use overlay district is to promote a vibrant setting that is conducive for walking while promoting businesses and housing.  Also, to make mixed-use development easier to read in the bylaws and more identifiable. The renaming of certain zoning districts not necessarily to mixed-use may be involved in this.  This bylaw also has the potential to be involved in an exciting reimagining project with a mall. The project can possibly expand to further codification of the zoning bylaws.

More information can be found in the RFP here:  https://www.nattleboro.com/sites/g/files/vyhlif3566/f/uploads/town_of_north_attleboro_rfp_for_mixed-use_overlay_district_0.pdf

The deadline for proposals is November 24, 2021.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at ghilario at nattleboro.com.

Thanks!

Gil Hilario, CFM

Town Planner