[Massplanners] Job Opportunity - Town of Bedford Director of Housing and Economic Development

Tony Fields tfields4 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 12:58:08 EDT 2021

Come join the team in Bedford, where we have an opening for Director of
Housing and Economic Development.  The incumbent has departed for the dark
side (private sector).  This position reports to the Town Manager but works
closely with me and the Planning Department.

The position staffs the Bedford Housing Partnership and the Municipal
Affordable Housing Trust, and may occasionally be required to attend other
night meetings.  Acts as liaison to the Middlesex 3 Coalition, Regional
Housing Services Office, and the local chamber of commerce.

Looking for a jack of many trades, someone who can interact with commercial
property owners/brokers and small businesses as well as affordable housing
advocates, maybe provide assistance to an Arts & Culture Working Group and
participate in transportation/public transit matters, and help with grant
writing for any of these topics.  Personality can be as important as your
resume. It is somewhat a one-person show, but currently comes with a corner
office.  Minimum starting salary is $75k.  Check it out here:

https://www.bedfordma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6866/f/uploads/housing_and_economic_development_director_ad_9-2021.pdf

Tony

D. Anthony Fields, AICP

Planning Director