[Massplanners] Overlay District for Cannabis growers

Richard Clark rpclark508 at aol.com
Fri Oct 8 22:36:00 EDT 2021

Hello All,
We have farmers in town who are looking to grow cannabis in place of their current hemp crop. We are looking to establish an Overlay District in order to have some measure of control over this and like ventures. Town Council is recommending that a specific location (farm/residence) be included in the article submitted to Town Meeting. Has anyone experience with this use of an overlay district? Was a specific location indicated? We have a number of farms in town and this is seen as the "cash" crop that will insure financial stability.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with regards to the control of cannabis cultivation?
Thank you, Richard Clark, Town of Dudley Planning Board