[Massplanners] Zoning bylaws regarding cell towers

Matthew Heins mheins at townofpembrokemass.org
Mon Nov 22 16:24:44 EST 2021

Dear MassPlanners:

Here in Pembroke, we are curious to know if other towns in Massachusetts have provisions in their zoning bylaws regarding cell towers. Our zoning bylaws never mention cell towers, which makes it a bit tricky when we get a site plan application for one. We are aware of course that we cannot (and should not) prohibit them entirely.

So I'd like to learn about how other towns handle the siting of cell towers, and in particular I'd love to see examples of how other towns' zoning bylaws regulate cell towers.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Matthew Heins
Planning Board Assistant
Town of Pembroke
Email: mheins at townofpembrokemass.org<mailto:mheins at townofpembrokemass.org>
Phone: 781-709-1433 / Fax: 781-709-1453
Address: Office of the Planning Board, Pembroke Town Hall, 100 Center St., Pembroke, MA 02359

This electronic message is confidential and intended for the named recipient only. Any dissemination, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this communication is unlawful and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact by return email or telephone (781-709-1433), and delete the copy you received. Thank you.