[Massplanners] Chickens and other non-traditional household animal requirements

Thomas Bott tbott.townplanner at verizon.net
Fri Jun 25 13:45:36 EDT 2021

Dear Stephanie:

Attleboro has a solid base for thesundry fouls associated with this fowl matter. Somewhere near the arc of thecovenant in the bowels (but not the giblets) of the MassPlanners archives is aspirited discussion of chickens and other non traditional household animalslike pigs not named Wilbur, Piglet or Babe. You might look in the archives nextto clotheslines and snout houses.

 I don't know if CJ's concerns extendto animals beyond our fine, typically flightless, feather friends butdefinitions are very important is developing the bylaw/ordinance. Including astatement that species not listed are expressly prohibited.

 A long time ago in a town far far away,the ToK Town Meeting was brought to a halt, doubled over in laughter, as agentlemen with an innate knowledge and undeniably passion for his heirloom birdsproceeded to name off bird after bird with the repeated refrain “is my BLUEANDALUSIAN prohibited what about my BLACK MINORCA?” Pro Tip from a withdrawnbylaw proposed by Animal Control: definitely prohibit peacocks.

 You might consult "ChickenChat" at  https://heritagepoultry.org/ use thebutton that reads "cluck here" for some insight into the numerousheritage breeds. Just within the order Phasianidaethere are likely 150 species. ( (taxonomist of the listserve feel free to steerme back from this deep dive out of whatever my lane is)
 Then as I have mentioned before whenthat cute little second grade science project turns out to be a rooster beprepared to assign to whom the role of escorting Foghorn Leghorn to the gallus gallus gallows or guillotineabsent a pardon from Governor Chuck.
TBott. too chicken to go there on this side of the canal in a right to farm town.

Thomas Bott Town Planner Falmouth, MASS
You too could follow me on Twitter @TBottPlimoth but it clearly isn’t necessary