[Massplanners] Strategies to manage unkempt properties w/ Planning Board decisions

Elena Eimert eeimert at Salem.com
Wed Dec 15 12:51:17 EST 2021

Good afternoon, all,

Here in Salem, we are curious to hear if other cities or towns have regulations or standard provisions included in site plan review decisions to manage unkempt properties. Our Planning Board wants to know what options exist to ensure properties that receive Planning Board decisions do not become unsafe and/or unsightly and options for intervention for those that do.  This question came about when discussing projects that have a large gap in time between issuance of a decision and construction starting.

Thank you,
Elena

Elena Eimert (she/her/hers)| Staff Planner
Department of Planning & Community Development
98 Washington St., 2nd Floor | Salem, MA 01970
978-619-5685 | eeimert at salem.com<mailto:eeimert at salem.com>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7F1B1.B7D39080]
Please note the Massachusetts Secretary of State's office has determined that most emails to and from municipal officials are public records. FMI please refer to: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/preidx.htm.