[Massplanners] Skinny frontage

Katrina O'leary katrina.oleary at middletonma.gov
Wed Aug 25 09:44:16 EDT 2021

Jeff,
Middleton has a lot width requirement that is larger than the required frontage.  Additionally, the lot width cannot be less than 75% of the required frontage between the street line and the principal structure.  https://ecode360.com/13178714

However, I would not recommend using Middleton's lot width language - it's not very clear on how these measurements should be made.  It also does not deter the creation of long skinny unuseable tails at the rear of lots used to meet the required area.

Katrina O'Leary, AICP
Middleton Town Planner
195 North Main Street     Middleton, MA   01949     PH: (978)777-8917
When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that most email is public record and, therefore, cannot be kept confidential.